Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
The Heirloom Gurbandi Almonds and Dried White Mulberries by Ziba Foods elevate this dish far above your typical baked fish entrée. For more about the company’s gourmet products and mission, see Ziba Foods: Making an Impact in Afghanistan.
Stuffed Pacific Cod with Almonds & Herbs recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice into side of each cod filet to make a pocket.
- In small bowl, stir together almonds, mulberries, 2 Tbs. parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, 1 Tbs. each lemon juice, and 1 Tbs. olive oil. Divide mixture among filets, stuffing into pockets.
- Place fish on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, and bake until opaque and just cooked through, 10–12 minutes. While fish is baking, whisk together remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
- Transfer fish to individual plates or serving platter, drizzle with lemon and olive oil, and garnish with remaining chopped parsley.
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 520 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g