Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For this turmeric recipe, we used Simply Organic’s turmeric root powder, which contains 4% curcumin, the ingredient that’s responsible for the spice’s anti-inflammatory and immune-building benefits. It is sourced from India, Guatemala, and Nicaragua using organic and non-irradiated methods.
Turmeric Roasted Root Vegetables with Yogurt Sauce
You’ll want the carrots and parsnips to be about ½-inch thick and 4–6 inches long, so depending on the size of the roots, leave them whole or slice them into halves, quarters, or even sticks.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots and parsnips into large bowl. Add olive oil, maple syrup, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon sea salt, and black pepper, and toss until veggies are well coated.
- Spread roots onto baking sheet in even layer, and roast, tossing once or twice, 25–35 minutes, until roots are tender and lightly browned.
- While roots are cooking, combine yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, and remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt in separate bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When roots are fully roasted, spoon most of yogurt sauce over serving platter, add roots, and drizzle remaining yogurt sauce on top. (For a less artful presentation you can also just toss everything together.). Sprinkle roots with hemp seeds and mint, and serve warm.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 680 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g