Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
See Smoky Queso Sauce for vegan cheese sauce
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 3 minutes, then add garlic and green onions, and cook 2 minutes more. Add tofu and salt, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Stir in nutritional yeast, cumin, and turmeric. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Stir in beans, cover, and keep warm.
2. In a medium bowl, combine tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste, and mix well. Gently stir in avocado.
3. To assemble: Spoon a thin layer of sauce on bottom of large plate. Place half of chips on top of sauce. Spoon half of sauce on top of chips, followed by half of tofu and beans, then half of salsa. Top with remaining chips, and repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, garnished with additional cilantro, if using.
- Calories 520
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 440 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g